Monday, December 8, 2008

OH CHRISTMAS TREE


The trees outside have been "righted" and are still standing a week later. The snow has continued and the temp has rarely been above 15 degrees so I haven't finished the lights. IT IS REALLY COLD and I am NOT used to this.

Turning attention inside - decided that I would get the biggest tree I could find so as to distract from the mess. Didn't really think that through. It is so tall that I had to just throw stuff at the top - literally - what ever stuck stays.

Not my best work













TA DA
















I did, however, love the effects of seeing the stained glass through the tree.....I have no color on the tree so wherever you see blue and purple and bright green - that's the glass showing through. I do love that.


































Bought these lanterns in CA in '06 and they have been packed away since then. Fun to finally get them out........washing all those glass panels - not so much.

1 comment:

This is a huge project - your interest in St. Marys keeps me energized and I love hearing from you