Tuesday, July 30, 2013

KITCHEN BACKSPLASH


I had been tossing and turning  and debating for months  -  trying to figure out an affordable way to finish my kitchen counters and back splash.   Finally it came to me - well in regards to the back splash anyway.  I had a basement full of the original bead board that is the wainscoting in the main room.  These were the pieces removed from the altar/now kitchen and the wall that is now sliding doors.  Now remember, this is the OLD stuff !!  One board at a time........I must have cut hundreds of pieces and fit them together - or banged them together if need be.

It actually was a great solution !  It was free ! and I could do it myself.  Wood is much more forgiving than stone or tile so I can change my mind when I want to hang things or re-arrange things.  Also - because my ceiling is low (only 7 1/2  ft) I had to get short upper cabinets and that made for a bigger than normal back splash.   I had thought of a darker glass tile but realized that a high contrast in color there would make the cabinets looks too little.  I think all this white on white on white - in my specific space - works well.

Next I started with the nightmares over counter tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a huge project - your interest in St. Marys keeps me energized and I love hearing from you