Friday, September 26, 2008

"RING MY BELL"




One of the joys of having the church is to watch the faces of people ringing the bell. I haven't taken as many photos as I should - I'll try to do better.

Everyone who comes to the church be they friends, workers or delivery men......they all do it, at my insistence. When the electricians were running new wiring from the living room to the foyer they had to go through the steeple in the attic space. They sent the new guy - Kyle K. - up the ladder and as soon as he got in the space - they would ring the bell. Much like Lucy holding the football and PROMISING she wouldn't pull it away......
they said they wouldn't do it again - but you know they did. I bet his ears rang for days.









Sometimes it's a bit trying...."Hi - we want to ring the bell today" "Hi can my friend ring the bell? "HI! These are my twin cousins - can they ring the bell?"

Luckily the neighbors have all said they love hearing the church bell ringing again.















No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a huge project - your interest in St. Marys keeps me energized and I love hearing from you