Thursday, October 23, 2008

HISTORY LESSONS


This buffet was dismantled 8 years ago - when I began to put the pieces together Matt said "Hey, I remember that " and the striped chairs are pre-Civil War parlour chairs used in my first design studio and the faux bois arm chair was in my second studio


"Sweet, sweet-
memories you gave to me -
Sweet, sweet-
memories you gave to me "







I LOVE these chairs .......there are so many tacks and staples in them that they are falling apart as I work on them. My mother and grandmother had a millinery business and these chairs were in their shops - many locations from 1920 through 1969. Then they came to the house - the apartment - the nursing home and now they get to retire at the church. They will be waiting for you in the California Suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a huge project - your interest in St. Marys keeps me energized and I love hearing from you