Thursday, October 23, 2008

THIS AND THAT




It really is like Christmas - this is an old wedding trunk with the initials on the left and the date - 1826 0n the right
















My grandmother's loom has been in pieces for twenty years and I don't know how I'll ever get it together........I am thinking of calling the UW. I learned to weave at the university when I was a design student - she was so fascinated by the whole process that she took lessons and bought a loom. She was about 83 then. What an incredible piece of work - not the loom .........
grandma !












Matt had his turn


















All these chairs have to be re-covered. I try to strip all the fabric and nails, etc etc from one or two a day....then I will surrender to the local acupuncturist



ouch









Unfortunately I found that the semi was leaking quite a bit in one area ....this lovely old piece will have to have a face lift. We are in the middle of Amish country and I have talked with several about furniture repair and cabinetry - it is a great adventure and I'll tell you more about all that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a huge project - your interest in St. Marys keeps me energized and I love hearing from you